SoftwareONE’s very own David Greve, along with fellow authors Ian Waters and Loryan Strant, recently published the comprehensive book “Microsoft Office 365 – Exchange Online Implementation and Migration.”Organizations are migrating to the cloud to save money, become more efficient, and empower their users with the latest technology.
Office 365 delivers all of this in a reliable, fast, and ever-expanding way, keeping you ahead of the competition. As the IT administrator of your network, you need to make the transition as painless as possible for your users. Learn everything you need to know and exactly what to do to ensure your Office 365 Exchange online migration is a success!
This guide gives you everything you need to develop a successful migration plan to move from Exchange, Google, POP3, and IMAP systems to Office 365 with ease. We start by providing an overview of the Office 365 plans available and how to make a decision on what plan fits your organization. We then dive into topics such as the Office 365 Admin Portal, integration options for professionals and small businesses, integration options for enterprises, preparing for a simple migration, performing a simple migration, and preparing for a hybrid deployment. Later in the book, we look at migration options for Skype for Business and SharePoint to further help you leverage the latest collaborative working technologies within your organization.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Office 365
- Getting Familiar with the Office 365 Admin Portal
- Integration Options for Businesses
- Integration Options for Midsize and Enterprise Organizations
- Preparing for a Simple Migration
- Performing a Simple Migration
- Preparing for a Hybrid Deployment and Migration
- Deploying a Hybrid Infrastructure – AD FS
- Deploying a Hybrid Infrastructure – Directory Synchronization
- Deploying a Hybrid Infrastructure – Exchange Hybrid
- Performing a Hybrid Migration
- Post Migration Considerations
- Additional Hybrid Solution – Lync Online/Skype for Business
- Additional Hybrid Solution – SharePoint Online
What You Will Learn in Microsoft Office 365 – Exchange Online Implementation and Migration
- Sign up for an Office 365 account and configure your e-mail domains
- Migrate mailboxes from Exchange server, Google, and any other POP3 or IMAP based system in to Office 365
- Configure a hybrid configuration by using Azure AD Connect to synchronize your on-premises Active Directory with Office 365
- Deploy Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) to enable Single sign on and streamline the login process for your users
- Set up a hybrid Exchange configuration and host mailboxes locally or in the cloud and move mailboxes between the two with ease
- Configure a public folder hybrid and share existing on-premises public folders with users hosted in Exchange online
- Setup a hybrid Skype for Business (SFB) configuration and move users into SFB online
- Configure a SharePoint configuration, allowing users to create and search content hosted on an existing SharePoint server as well as in SharePoint online
Interested in purchasing this comprehensive book? Then click here to purchase! Otherwise, David Greve is part of an extraordinary team of Technology Advisors who specialize in Office 365 deployments here at SoftwareONE. If you would like to learn more about SoftwareONE’s Office 365 design, migration, and management methodology, then click below to download our FREE eBook!