Intel Security’s vision to balance organizational security with budget management has enabled it to deliver best-in-class security solutions for mitigating cyber-risks and securing an organization’s assets. Despite the increasing cost-of-business to combat the escalating volume and complexity of security threats, Intel has been maintaining the cost of its support for years. However, due to today’s evolving threat landscape, Intel Security feels that it is imperative to position themselves to invest for security technology leadership in the future.
Why is Intel Security Group making these price increases?
Intel Group’s decision to increase the cost of its support is necessary in order to continue to deliver the most innovative security solutions to its customers. Due to the growing complexity and volume of advanced security threats, Intel Security must increase the investment in their support organization and technology innovation so that they may continue to deliver the best protection and solution value in the industry.
When will this support price increase go into effect?
The increase in price for Endpoint, Data Protection, and IPS technologies will go into effect on April 11th, 2016.
Quotes that have already been created with special pricing will be honored up to sixty days after the approval date.
Which products will this price increase affect, and by how much?
The majority of Intel Security purchases typically occur from these product families.
- 5% increase on Endpoint and Data Protection support SKUs.
- 10% increase on IPS technology SKUs.
- *note* – The price for Complete Protection for Endpoint Enterprise (CEE) will not be affected.
What should my next steps be?
With proper planning, you can mitigate the impact that this price increase will bring to your organization. Your SoftwareONE Account Manager can help you plan for this change by doing the following:
- Discover your support renewals ahead time. You can renew Intel Security support 90 days in advance.
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of your environment to reclaim or retire unused licenses thus freeing up budget that can be used elsewhere.
- Leverage SoftwareONE’s partner status and relationship with Intel Security to secure discounting that will help mitigate the price increase.
We can proactively engage Intel Security on your support renewal, which will go a long way in alleviating your security concerns while remaining budget conscious. If you have Intel Security installed in your environment and would like to discuss your available options, then click the banner below and submit the form for a SoftwareONE representative to contact you.