Today’s IT managers face a new challenge in the modern data center: the growing irrelevance of hardware. In other words, in today’s mobile first, cloud first world, IT manages fewer hardware assets and more software assets. It is easier to track assets you can physically point to, but if the assets are in a virtualized data center, then the appropriate processes better be in place in order to effectively monitor the software lifecycle.
On the other side of the coin, if you’re still maintaining an on-premise IT, then you’re falling behind your competitors when it comes to total cost of ownership. Likewise, more businesses are beginning to realize the value of workplace BYOD and the ability to access the corporate network from virtually anywhere, significantly increasing business agility.
So how, if you’re suffering on the wrong side of the fence, do you transform your IT into a profitable asset, rather than a financial burden?
Software Portfolio Management – Delivering Your IT Vision with Greater Confidence and Clarity
Software Portfolio Management (SPM) combines the three core competencies of compliance, commercial, and technology to ensure an organization’s unique business needs are cost effectively roadmapped for tomorrow’s evolving IT landscape.
SPM is of particular value for organizations in need of consultative expertise regarding:
- Optimize software spend and demand management
- Comprehensive compliance support to prepare for any potential audits
- Predictive software lifecycle management to anticipate future risks and make confident IT investments
- End-to-end transparency of software assets when undergoing a merger, acquisition or divestment
A successfully implemented SPM service drives transparency and ensures software investments support evolving business needs while delivering value, innovation and alignment to cost management initiatives.
Compliance – Proactive Measures to Mitigate Publisher Audits
Delivering more Software Asset Management (SAM) projects globally than any other, SoftwareONE’s compliance expertise provides the most strategic, credible and reliable processes and procedures in the industry.
- Maximize ROI by reharvesting underutilized assets and consolidating overlicensed products.
- Rationalize application by justifying end-user usage.
- Identify potential compliance risks and define mitigation strategies.
- Design and implement a customized SAM model to align business requirements.
- Achieve proactive planning for publisher audits.
- Transition your SAM mentality from a reactive state to a proactive state.
Commercial – Procuring the Right Software at the Most Affordable Price
Achieve immediate ROI by managing software demand, optimizing software licensing spend, rationalizing supplier portfolio and increasing transparency.
- Optimize software spend through full software
- Identify and contract the ideal licensing scenario for your
- Leverage strong publisher relationships as a dedicated vendor spend manager.
- Utilize Software Lifecycle Portal to efficiently procure and manage software assets.
- Roadmap the optimal long-term strategy for achieving the greatest ROI on software investments.
Technology – Roadmapping Your Future IT
Comprehensive Technology Services deliver a 6-phased consultative approach to ensure an IT roadmap is optimized for the long-term.
- Envision the ideal technical landscape.
- Assess the capabilities of an organizations current environment.
- Align the appropriate solution to the respective business objectives.
- Design an ideal environment by providing the necessary processes, procedures and tools.
- Transition the IT environment to the designed technical solution.
- Improve continuously by providing the raw data critical to the maintenance of the IT infrastructure.
Migrating to a modern method of managing your software portfolio requires more than research, it requires implementing the appropriate processes that only an experienced advisor can provide. For more information on how Software Portfolio Management can optimize your IT needs, click the banner below and schedule an appointment with a SoftwareONE Software Portfolio Advisor.
Related blog posts: