The Future Workplace is evolving at a rapid pace. In July at Inspire, Microsoft unveiled Microsoft 365, which is set to deliver an intelligent and secure solution that will urge businesses to embrace global, and often dispersed, team collaboration. The announcement of Microsoft 365 sets the tone that Microsoft is looking to better address the needs from the largest enterprise to the smallest business.
What implications does the Microsoft 365 have and how will this affect businesses in the future?
Microsoft has announced that they will have two offerings. For the larger organizations Microsoft 365 Enterprise will integrate Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security together to allow for globally distributed teams to collaborate creatively and securely.
- Unlock creativity by enabling people to work naturally with ink, voice and touch, all backed by tools that utilize AI and machine learning.
- Provide the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork, giving people flexibility and choice in how they connect, share and communicate.
- Simplify IT by unifying management across users, devices, apps and services.
- Help safeguard customer data, company data and intellectual property with built-in, intelligent security.
The second offering is Microsoft 365 Business, yet to be released, which is geared for organizations with up to 300 users. Microsoft 365 Business will include features from O365 Business Premium with tailored security and features from Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security.
- Help companies achieve more together by better connecting employees, customers and suppliers.
- Empower employees to get work done from anywhere, on any device.
- Protect company data across devices with always-on security.
- Simplify the set-up and management of employee devices and services with a single IT console.
Decoding Microsoft 365
What does the introduction of Microsoft 365 mean? Well, it means that the world is essentially shrinking. Microsoft is working to develop tools that will allow larger businesses to become more agile and collaborate without boundaries, but is also including an offer for mid-sized businesses that can be right sized for their needs.
Would you like to learn more? Listen here for an in-depth discussion on Microsoft 365 and the licensing changes that may impact your business. Listen here>>